UPDATE: Working House Fire on Coyote Trail

At around 2:15 PM this afternoon (Wednesday, July 31, 2013), Fire/EMS/Police were dispatched to a Working House Fire on Coyote Trail in Chesapeake Ranch Estates in Calvert County. Calvert County Communications advised Units responding it was a Kitchen Fire. Police arrived on the scene and advised communications and confirmed it was a Working House Fire. Solomon’s Engine 33 arrived on the scene shortly after that with heavy smoke coming from the residence. Solomon’s Engine 33 made entry to the residence and made an immediate attack on the fire which was mainly located in the kitchen. Units also did a search of the residence to be sure nobody was located in the residence. Within 5 to 7 Minutes from units arriving, the Fire was placed under control. After the fire was under control and knocked, units did a 2nd search of the residence and began hitting all hot spots of the residence. According to the Chief on the scene and talking with the homeowner, the result of the Fire was from Grease flaring up. Red Cross was contacted for 2 adults and 3 children that have been displaced due to this fire. The Chief advised Communications that the Homeowner and a neighbor attempted to put the fire out. Units from St. Mary’s County also responded.

20130731-194206.jpg

Picture provided by Solomon’s Volunteer Fire Fighter Mitchell Ruslander!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s